Sunday, August 30, 2009

Jin - Welcome To The Light Club

Jin - Welcome To The Light Club



Jin Welcome To The Light Club Lyrics

I got a session booked for 7 and its 6.35,
so I got 25 minutes to conjure up this rhyme,
its been a long time right stepped away from the limelight,
but the breaks over Holy Spirit takeover,
they say the truth will set you free if you so believe,
Jesus is the truth with Him freedom can be achieved,
I feel the need to let loose right at this instance,
confession booth vocal booth really what’s the difference,

See when I use to battle I declared I’m the boss
I couldn’t be defeated.. until I lost,
not once not twice, my opponents were killin’ me,
ego crushed but it also taught me humility,
was once on the top sent straight to the bottom,
some thought double R dropped him others straight forgot him,
I used to hear the side commentary and get upset with it,
until I realized what was said had some sense in it,
no excuses for the stupid records that I made,
would I still be saying this if those records had got me paid?
I can’t call it, either way I’m tryin’ to save what’s left of
my soul and not just what’s goin inside my wallet,
the beat was the canvas the paint was my rhymes,
never thought that I could use my art to infiltrate ya minds,

I used the mic to express how I possessed a lota skills,
my lust for the opposite sex and 100 dolla bills,
Common said He Used To Love H.E.R. yo she still
my baby so it’s only right I learn to treat H.E.R. like a lady
you want raps about pimpin’ killin’ snitchin’ ballin’?
you won’t get ‘em from me naw that’s not my callin’,
God Almighty reached out I mean this sincerely,
He spoke to me like Morgan Freeman did to Jim Carey,
it’s no coincidence he got me out in Hong Kong,
that I’d get it poppin’ out here He knew it all along,

Listen to have much faith requires practice,
they’ll probably say I’m trippin’ they did it to John the Baptist,
this is not a rumor God is so great,
I’m a late bloomer got baptized in ‘08,
better late than never that’s how the saying goes,
all my brothers and sisters that are praying knows,
Mark chapter 10 the 31st verse,
the first shall be last and the last shall be first,

Amen.

I think Jin was really dope on this freestyle even though it could've been longer. He tried to separate quality hip-hop from the commercial rap. He also made a reference to Common's song "I used to love H.E.R."(Check below). Above all he raps about humility.
How many rappers have said at some time that they are the best rapper ever, that they are unbeatable etc. Let's think about it : Jay-z, Immortal Technique ,Krs-one ,50 cent ,Lil' Wayne, Nas ,Eminem ,Royce Da 5'9" ... Most of them said something very close to that. Nas even said he shouldn't be in the top 10, but he also said "I'm the best who ever did it".

Common - I used to love H.E.R.


Tell me what do you think, please !

1 comment:

  1. i think this is really good and God-led.praise God for Jin and God bless him all the way.

    ReplyDelete