Friday, September 11, 2009

50 Cent not dissing Jay

50 Cent says he wasn't dissing Jay-Z in his music video. Here is the interview :

"It was the glasses. They saw the glasses. I didn't Photoshop glasses on him. I think Jay is really conscious of his actual moves. He does those things to make a statement in different ways to create clarity that he doesn't have to be the way people want him to be. He can do what he wants. But [I wrote the song] out of the perspective of me mentioning things I thought were interesting. I even wrote, 'Em made me a star and Dre is taking a long time to mix my records. I gotta talk to Jimmy [Iovine] about it.' I wrote about Britney Spears. I said a lot of interesting things on the record, but they focus on Jay because his album is releasing. Of course, with those marketing dollars being spent, he's the focus. The new XXL, there's about 40 pages of Jay-Z on there. That boy is serious when it comes to his [album] layout. ... When it comes time for him to have companies market and promote him as a brand, he does a great job."

No comments:

Post a Comment